Thursday, April 12, 2007

Knowing when to switch gears.

In my last post we spoke about taking action and making a commitment.
So my next question would be.......

How long do you commit to something if it isn't working?

For example, a couple of months ago, my girlfriend sent me a link to "make money filling out surveys." Well, the hype said you can make anywhere from $5 - $35 per survey so I thought, "What the heck, I've got time on my hands, my online business is running on it's own and I'm always interested in some more residual income." Did I mention it was a free program too.

So, I commited to answering at least 5 surveys a day and volunteering on a panel at least once a week. Well, it's been exactly 2 months and 18 days since I started and I've made $100 but have spent.........$500+

Ohhhhh, that's right, did I forget to tell you that the survey's that actually pay are those that REQUIRE you to accept at least 1 of their Platinum offers, 2 of their Gold offers, and 3 of their Silver offers.

I don't think I've seen a bigger scam since Herba Life products saturated the market!

So, I ask myself, have I given this a fair try, commited to the project enough to make a judgement of whether it is working? I think I have.

Remember, commitment is a two-sided street. If you have commited and given the business 110% but the project isn't paying you back, it's time to move on!

But this doesn't mean give up! There are plenty of opportunities out there. Some of which are legitimate and given the sweat and effort, you can be successful.

No comments: